As an Adelaidean, do you need eye surgery? Worry not because here are the 4 best laser eye surgeons in Adelaide!
Adelaide, South Australia’s state capital, is the home of over a million people. Residents and tourists enjoy visiting its Victorian-architecture buildings, Botanic Garden, Art Gallery of South Australia, Victoria Square, South Australian Museum, Adelaide Zoo, and Cleland Wildlife Park.
The productivity and shared effort of Adelaide residents reflect on the city’s statistics. For example, despite the Covid-19 pandemic, their economic deficit fell by 81%. The city’s debts are also expected to fall by 38%. Among the helpful members of this society are laser eye surgeons.
In this article, you will meet the best laser eye surgeons in Adelaide. Their contact information and crucial details are available here, so they are only a phone call away. You may also visit their website or brick-and-mortar clinic. Whenever you need consultation or surgery, these surgeons can help.
- Laser Vision SA
In 2012, Laser Vision SA offered LASIK surgery for the first time in Adelaide. They also pioneered SMILE laser surgery in the city two years later.
This clinic has been led by Dr Graham Fraenkel for over 15 years. Meanwhile, he has been a productive member of the International Society of Refractive Surgery, the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists, the European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr Graham Fraenkel trained at the Vision Institute in New South Wales. He also earned a fellowship at Britain’s Moorfields Eye Hospital. Aside from being a surgeon, he also researches eye health and ophthalmic surgeries.
Laser Vision SA employs the latest eye laser technology. These innovations include the Carl Zeiss Visumax and the Mel-90 Excimer Lasers.
Furthermore, this clinic contributes to research facilities, charity work, and philanthropic missions. It supports the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute, the Fred Hollows Foundation, and Sight For All.
On their website, you can see a comprehensive comparison of the surgical plans they offer. You can read the differences between SMILE, PRK, and LASIK. It also provides a calculator which shows you how much money you can save when you no longer have glasses. This program can help you know that laser eye surgery is a wise and cheaper investment that will liberate you from glasses.
Address: Nine Network Australia – Adelaide 169 Pirie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
- Eye Surgeons SA
Eye Surgeons SA responds accordingly to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. For example, they widened the space between chairs. This arrangement will help patients and visitors maintain physical and social distancing. Aside from these, Eye Surgeons SA added their alcohol dispensers. Everyone should wear masks. Since there is no public water station, the staff can give you clean water if you need water.
This centre gets managed by many surgeons and specialists in South Australia. These include:
- Dr Paul Athanasiov. He trained in Adelaide University, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology, and the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Dr Athanasiov mastered eye science at the University of Sydney and released twelve studies on cataracts and eye-related plastic surgery.
- Dr Soo Khai Ng. He mastered glaucoma and cataract surgery at the University of Adelaide and the University of Oxford. At present, he also works at the University of Adelaide as a clinical lecturer. Dr Ng has released fifteen studies.
- Dr Katja Ullrich. Before becoming an ophthalmic surgeon, she trained as a plastic surgeon, neurosurgeon, and trauma surgeon. After training in Adelaide, she went to the United Kingdom to study oculoplastic surgery. Then, she travelled to the United States to become pursue pediatric oculoplastic surgery. Dr Katja Ullrich now offers cataract operation and oculoplastic surgery at Eye Surgeons SA.
- Dr Simone Beheregaray. She started her training in Brazil. Then, Dr Simone went to the United States to specialize in corneal surgery. She continued her studies in Japan, Brazil, Sydney, and the United Kingdom.
- Dr David Sia. He studied medicine at the University of Otago, New Zealand. Dr David also pursued his ophthalmology training in the United Kingdom and Adelaide. Moreover, he speaks Malay and Mandarin aside from English.
Eye Surgeons SA collaborates with the University of Adelaide, the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists, and Sight for All.
Address: 226 Melbourne St, North Adelaide SA 5006, Australia
Phone: +61 8 8239 0118
- Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre
Since its foundation in the 1990s, the Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre has already changed the lives of 25,000 people. The surgeons here have also treated 15,000 cataract patients. With their advanced laser technology, they can also help you say goodbye to corrective lenses and glasses.
The Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre gets its fame from its friendly surgeons and clinic staff. Like every professional establishment, this centre is open to anyone who contacts them. You can call them to set an appointment or ask about eye surgeries. If you want, the staff may tell you the transport schedule for your trip to the clinic. They can also call a taxi cab for you.
Even though the pandemic lockdowns had been raging in Australia, the Adelaide Eye and Laser Centre continued to grow and evolve. They have a new name for their hospital clinic: Park View Day Surgery.
The clinic also has a refurbished reception hall and parking spaces. This way, they can observe the social distancing measures and public safety restrictions against Covid-19.
If you visit their website, you can read the answers to the common questions asked by their patients. You can even have a virtual tour of their clinic—all with background music!
Address: 215 Greenhill Rd, Eastwood SA 5063, Australia
Phone: +61 8 8274 7000
- Harley Eye Clinic
The Harley Eye Clinic offers laser treatments for glaucoma, cataracts, refractive errors, macular damage, and diabetes-related eye issues. You can also have eyelid surgery here.
Since 1958, this clinic has offered quality eye care to those who need it. According to their website, loyal patients from its founding decade still return to have their eyes treated here. Their leading surgeons are veterans in ophthalmic surgery:
- Dr Michael Hammerton finished his medical training in 1977. Then, he went to London to pursue ophthalmic surgery. There, he became an eye specialist, lecturer, and researcher at the University of London.
- Dr Richard Fleming trained at Adelaide University and practised ophthalmology at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. He also became a lecturer at the University of Adelaide for sixteen years.
Address: Unit 2/191-195 Melbourne St, North Adelaide SA 5006, Australia
Phone: +61 8 8267 6544
Imagine what you endure as you depend on glasses to see clearly. If you cannot find them, you can no longer read or view your surroundings properly. Wearing glasses becomes uncomfortable during rainy days as well. Furthermore, smudges and scratches can also obscure your vision.
Some people want to have glasses to look cute or intelligent. But these can make life tedious and agonizing for those who rely on them. Laser eye surgery provides a way to escape this misery and change their lives.
These clinics have the 4 best laser eye surgeons in Adelaide. Thus, rest assured that your eyes are in excellent and experienced hands. With their recognitions and achievements, the surgeons here can help you enjoy clearer vision and disease-free eyes.